I cannot be surrendered to God but cling to outcomes.
I have a prayer habit of asking for God’s will to be done, while simultaneously insisting on what I want, how I want it, when I want it.
True surrender means letting go of my expectations.
This requires trust. Trust in God’s character and His intentions toward me and others.
Questions I’ve been asked about the year ahead:
- Will you be safe (physically, emotionally, spiritually, financially)?
- How will you be able to learn a new (difficult) language quickly?
- How do you expect to be effective on the ground (you do not have formal training in education, law enforcement, ministry, or counseling)?
- Have you heard the statistics on how many restored victims of sexual exploitation/trafficking return to elements of their former lifestyle?
Questions I have to ask myself:
- Who is in charge?
- Is God good? Is He faithful? Does He equip those He calls?
- Does He have a plan and a purpose for every life on earth?
- Can I trust Him with outcomes?
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. – Romans 8:28